Search This Blog

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Low Sodium Memphis-Style BBQ Sauce

Nice sweet and tangy BBQ sauce. I'm going to play with this one and see if I can re-create the Blues City Cafe BBQ sauce that we love from Memphis.

INGREDIANTS
1 T unsalted butter
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1 1/2 cup ketchup (I made my own using recipe from the AHA Low-Salt Cookbook )
1/8 cup hot chili sauce
4 T brown sugar
4 T molasses
2 T prepared yellow mustard
1 T lemon juice
1 T liquid hickory smoke flavoring
2 teas minced garlic
1/2 teas black pepper
1 t chili powder (I made my own using recipe from the AHA Low-Salt Cookbook )

DIRECTIONS
In a saucepan, slowly saute the chopped onion in butter until soft and just beginning to turn yellow. Add remaining ingredients. Simmer for about 15 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning.

Adapted from: Diane Rattray

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm yummy! I love BBQ sauce!
    Can't wait to see what you make for the CanJam!

    ReplyDelete