Search This Blog

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Low Sodium Chicken and Apples

I made this awhile back, and never got around to posting.

INGREDIANTS
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 Tbl olive oil
1 firm apple (suchas a braeburn), cored, cut into 1/2in slices
1 cup apple cider
1 large onion, thinly sliced
1 Tbl minced garlic
1/2 teas dried thyme leaves
1/2 teas all purpose seasoning
2 Tbl dijon mustard

DIRECTIONS
1. Place each chicken-breast half between wax paper and pound with a meat mallet until about 3/4in thick
2. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.  Saute chicken until golden (about 3 min per side).  Add apple slices, apple juice, onion, garlic, thyme, and seasoning.  Cover and simmer 6 to 8 minutes, or until the chicken is fork-tender
3. Remove chicken and apple slices
4. Bring sauce to a boil for about 5 minutes, or until slightly reduced.  Whisk in the mustard.  Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve

Adapted from: Real Simple

2 comments:

  1. MMmmmmm.. that chicken sounds SO good, it's making my mouth water. And I'm not even hungry!! I'll definitely have to try that. Thanks so much for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds very interesting. I'm always looking for different tastes to add to the LS landscape. I have a small bottle of sparkling apple cider that would be just perfect in this. I don't think I can squander that many grams on dijon (sigh) but I'll use 1T and augment with dry mustard. Thank you guys.

    ReplyDelete